Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Long's Visit (Part One)

We had such a great time last week visiting with John, Leanne, and Mary Audrey! For weeks I had been telling Collette about their visit, and she would say "Mary Audrey's coming to my house?" She was soooo excited when she finally arrived! This is actually their second venture to PA, but the last time was two years ago and the girls were too young to really play together.  (You can see pics from that visit HERE and HERE) This year, the girls were instant BFFs! Collette absolutely knows no strangers and Mary Audrey is pretty outgoing herself, so the two got along great. :)  We had a great time just relaxing and spending time together, hanging out in comfy clothes and no make up.  Well, I say "we," but I really mean Leanne, Mary Audrey, Collette, Trey and I. LL still had to work, and John was up every morning by 3:30 to go turkey hunting! And quite successfully, I might add. :)  He had shot his limit of two turkeys by Wednesday!

John and his first turkey

John with the 3 kids 

MA explaining the finer points of the turkey to Collette...

Boys in camo

To Collette, nothing was better than having a 24-hour playmate and a sleepover buddy! We used the toddler bed we have and put it in Collette's room so the girls could share a room.  The first night they were up so late talking and giggling, but after that they did good.

So cute! Proof that they really did sleep some :)

Hanging out at home together:






 And of course we had to go to our favorite playground!

On Tuesday evening, John and Leanne provided a great meal for us-- John shot the turkey, and Leanne fried it up! Andy, Taryn, and their kids were able to come, as well as a friend Ryan who came to Mississippi to hunt when we lived down there.

I love this picture of the 3 sweet girls! Tabby and Mary Audrey are only a month apart, and Collette is a year and a few months younger than them.

Such good food and fellowship!

We did do a few other fun activities I will try to post about soon.

No comments: