Wednesday, August 14, 2013

20 Months Old

I'm still playing catch-up on the blog, but my little Trey turned 20 months this past week!

So what's new with Trey at 20 months?

~ The biggest change this month has been in his vocabulary-- it has really started to take off! Although he's not always very clear with his pronunciation, I have noticed him saying a lot more things and a lot more phrases this month.  He has started to ask for things like, "mo mil (more milk),"
"I get up," "lay dow (n)," "where'd it go?" "there it is!" and the like.  He is also such a polite little guy.  He says "thank you" on  his own most of the time, and has started saying "bless you!" when someone sneezes! The first time he did that I almost didn't realize it was him, and not Collette, saying "bless you!" He also has a couple of cute words he uses for things-- he called his toy cell phone or my cell a "hello"- I guess because that's what we say when we pick them up! :) And he still calls his cup a "bup." He has started naming more colors, animals, and animal sounds as well.  This has been such a fun month seeing him put words and phrases together!


~ He still loves to be outside, and loves anything with wheels.  He rushes to the window every time he hears a tractor (which is pretty frequently some days!).



~ His favorite book is "Brown Bear" and has been for several months now.  He gets especially excited about the "yellow duck" page, and always says "yellow duck" several times while pointing to it. :)  His favorite songs are "Itsy Bitsy Spider," which he asks for by saying " 'pidah?" while making the "spider" motion, and "Old McDonald," which he calls "Moo moo."

 

~ He has moved up to size 5 diapers, size 24 month or 2T clothes, and size 6 shoes. No new teeth this month, although he still missing quite a few!
(Waiting to brush his teeth-- a favorite activity!)

~ His hair still grows pretty quickly, so he had another trip to Aunt Gwen's salon this month. He graduated to being able to sit in a booster seat all by himself, instead of having to sit in my lap while I hold his head still enough for Gwen to cut his hair. Big boy!


~ He is still a great sleeper.  And I am so thankful! He usually goes to bed around 8pm, and will sleep until around 7:30-8:00am.  He naps at 1:00 for around 2-2.5 hours. When we had guests staying with us, he and Collette shared his room and she slept in a toddler bed we put in his room.  We haven't taken it out yet, and he likes to climb in it and pretend he's going "night night." He has napped in it a couple of times, but I am not quite ready to move him out of his crib yet, since he hasn't attempted to jump out of it yet. I may wait until he's 2 to make the switch.

~ Collette is his best buddy.  They play together all the time and crack each other up. Hearing them laughing together is one of my favorite sounds. :)

~ He has hit some not-so-nice toddler milestones, too.  Tantrums, hitting, and occasionally biting are all things we have been working on this month. He has had his share of "baby time-outs," as Collette calls them, this month.  He actually sits pretty well in his time out spot, and will come say "sorry!" and give hugs to whomever necessary.

~ He is still quite the climber, always trying to figure things out, and almost always on the go.  Not too long ago I made the mistake of not noticing that someone had left the lid off the sandbox and it had become a sand puddle...Trey had a great time in it before I realized what he was doing!

Each month is more fun than the last.  Happy 20 months, Trey!

No comments: