Sunday, September 22, 2013

21 Months

Well.  It would appear as though I am not handling the transition back to working (I'm teaching two classes at Messiah College), having a few more church community responsibilities, and the regular mommy/housekeeping/farm living/canning responsibilities as well as I had hoped. :)  I feel like I am behind on most things right now, and am always struggling to catch up!

Trey turned 21 months old on the 9th.  It was probably about the 16th before I even realized that I should have posted something, and even then I didn't get a chance to do it.  But since this blog is the only way I keep up with that sort of information, I don't want to just skip it. So here is a little summary of Trey at 21 months:

~ He love, love, loves, tractors.  He will sit and play with his toy tractors, hook up wagons, cart stuff around, and make tractor noises every chance he gets.  And he loves the real deal, too. Since it is harvest season, there are days where tractors will go past our house every 10-15 minutes all day long.  And every.single.time. he will scream "tractor!!!!" and run for the window so he can watch it go by.  It never, ever gets old!

~ He is all-boy.  Constantly throwing things, climbing things, running, being rough... I can't let him out of my sight for more than a few seconds before he is usually into something he shouldn't have! And when I do find him, 9 times out of 10 he looks at me with a twinkle in his eyes, and a  mischievous grin with that dimple for extra charm. It is a struggle sometimes for me to keep my "mama" composure and not laugh at him!

~ He will turn anything and everything into a gun, complete with sound-effects. Building blocks, ears of corn, paint brushes... you name it! And we don't let him watch violent TV or even have guns visible anywhere in our house.

~ He is still learning new words and using a few phrases, but he is not as verbal as Collette was at this age. He's more of a "do-er" than a "talk-er." :) Sometimes he will repeat things so well for me, and sometimes I will ask him if he can say something and he will just say "Nope!" and run off! I do hear "why?" from him about 25 times a day.

~ He got his first "big kid" hair cut this month.  Aunt Gwen gave him spikey hair when she was done cutting it and he looks soooo grown up! I never thought I'd be buying hair gel for my one year old boy...but that look was too cute to not recreate. Ha!

~ He likes to color, paint, and play with play-doh when Collette does.  He almost always uses his left hand to color or paint (or use utensils) at this point.

~ He is about 28 lbs on my bathroom scale, wears size 6.5-7 shoes, and 24 month or 2T clothes.
(Showing off his new pj's with Collette)

~ He loves his sleep (like his mama!).  It is not unusual for him to sleep until 8:30 or 9am, sometimes later if he had a late night. 

~ He is still our little cuddler, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


I can't believe that in a few short months he will be TWO! Trying to cherish each day.

No comments: