We had orientation a few days before school started, and Collette was so excited to go. It was nice for us to meet a few of the other parents and kids in her class, too. She has one friend from preschool and one friend from church who are in her Kindergarten class, so she was excited about that.
We ended up deciding on a school that has a three day a week Kindergarten program, so she is going Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Because we live at the very end of the district, she is the last kid picked up by the bus, and the first one dropped off! She has a great schedule, and we couldn't be happier about it. And she was THRILLED to ride the bus.
Obligatory first day of school pictures:
She picked out her "first day of school outfit" all by herself, shoes and hairstyle included. (Funny story: she REALLY wanted to wear those silver shoes. She picked them out in the store all by herself, begged me to get them for her, and then asked if she could wear them to school. I wasn't sure if she could or not-- I thought maybe she needed to wear more practical shoes like sneakers. So I told her I didn't know. Well, on our orientation day, she decided to wear a dress and the silver shoes. And then the first thing she did when she got to see her teacher was ask her, "Is it okay if I wear these as my first day of school shoes?" Ha! She totally played me. And of course her teacher said yes.)
Three sleepy bed-headed boys ready to see off Collette.
On the bus for the first time!
(Can you see that huge smile and wave? Girlfriend is READY!)
My big school kid!









No comments:
Post a Comment