Monday, July 20, 2009

Fabulous Seattle Trip!

We have returned from Seattle! Lloyd was able to get all of the C.E. he needed, and we were able to do lots of sight seeing while we were there. We got the city pass, which is a booklet of tickets sold at a discount that allows you to visit a vareity of places in Seattle. We did every one and then some! I would be here forever if I tried to post all the pictures and talk about everthing we did, but here is a brief overview. (Oh, and by the way, the weather in Seattle is BEAUTIFUL in July! Sunny and high 70s with almost no humidity!)

We went to the famous Pike Place Market, where my sweet hubby got me some beautiful fresh cut flowers from one of the many flower vendors:



We ate dinner at Lola, featured on the Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" (Lloyd and I shared desserts, the doughnuts he has are "The Best Thing" and they didn't lie! We actually went back for breakfast another day too because they were so good!)



We went to the Experience Music Project museum:


And the Science Fiction Museum was attached to that. I am not a huge science fiction fan but they had a traveling exhibit on loan from the Smithsonian and it was Jim Henson! Very fun. LL and I got to be puppeteers in a Henson theater and see all kinds of Henson's muppets and creations. Very fun. I did snap a picture of Bert and Ernie before I was told no photography was allowed other than in the theater portion of the exibit.



We went to the Science Museum, which had a very cool butterfly house. One landed on LL's head and just perched there, unfortunately he was wearing our camera around his neck at the time so I could only get a very close shot, but you get the idea. :o) So fun!



We took a cruise around Seattle, which was beautiful:



We went to the Seattle Aquarium...




And the zoo...




And, of course, the Space Needle. We got there right at dusk, so we got to see the city in daylight, at sunset, and as the lights came on. Very cool!





We also did a really fun dinner theater, but I don't have pictures of that because we were sitting right next to the performers, and they didn't allow any photography of any kind. It was fun, though, and the food was very tastey.

It was a great trip, and I feel so blessed that we had the opportunity to take it! It is probably our last vacation for a while as family of 2!

1 comment:

MB Brown said...

WOW! That's was a busy trip! How long were you in Seattle?? Glad you had a great time!! Miss you!