My friends, great news: there is actually one finished room in our house!!! I don't mean "kinda finished" or "almost finished", I mean honest-to-goodness FINISHED! We even have pictures on the walls! I never thought the day would come! Ha! This week the contractor cut our chair rail for the living room, so Lloyd and I buckled down to clean (me), prime (him), and paint (both of us, yes we used no-VOC baby-friendly paint) the radiators, door frames, windows, chair rail, and other assorted trim in the living room. Trim is very deceiving, because it looks like it shouldn't take very long at all, but by the time we had finished priming and putting two coats of paint on everything, it was 1am! (to be fair, we did sleep in on Saturday morning and didn't start very early, but still...) Sunday afternoon our work picnic got rained out, so we took advantage of the free time to touch up, nail the chair rail, and hang pictures in the room. It looks sooooooooooooooooo much better! I actually breathe a sigh of relief when I go in that room now! For a little refresher, here is the before picture of the living room, right before we moved in:
BEFORE:
Here is a "DURING" picture of the painting process:

And here is the "AFTER":
Not all of the wall decor may stay for good; I would love to buy some new stuff, but for now, we have actual wall decorations and the place actually looks lived in! Hooray!
On a side note, LL and I watched the Food Network the entire day on Saturday because we are obsessed with the food network, and found out that one of the restaurants we decided to go to in Seattle was featured on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate- Pizza Edition". We were so excited, and we had even picked the kind of pizza they had featured on the episode. That makes 2 of our Seattle restaurants Food Network picks. We are such foodies! Lol. Oh and we also saw Cat Cora (Iron Chef, for those of you less informed about the Food Network, who hails from the great state of MS) make Greenville, MS, tamales, which we also had while we did our fabulous Viking Cooking Weekend in Greenville. We were feeling very cultured indeed. :o) I would say it was the paint fumes getting the better of us, but since we used no-VOC paint, I don't even have that excuse. :o)
1 comment:
nice room!!! Love the colors!!
Post a Comment