Yesterday LL and I celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss. :) I swear, time is so strange. Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday that we got married, and sometimes it seems like FOREVER ago. SO MUCH has changed since we got married-- we have moved 3 times; both completed advanced degrees; became dog owners, house owners, and Southerners, and (most importantly) parents to one amazing little girl and a soon-to-arrive little boy! :) I never, ever, in a million years would have predicted the path these past seven years would have taken, but I'm so glad to be on this journey with LL!
When I posted on FB yesterday about our anniversary, one of my dear friends commented that she was just telling people about our wedding "surprise" and they were cracking up. It got me thinking that maybe some of you haven't heard about our wedding day "surprise" either, and thought I would share. :)
As you know, LL's family has a large dairy farm. When his sister got married 3 months before us, she did so on a farm (in a barn, as a matter of fact), and for a get-away vehicle they had a tractor. His family kept teasing me that they were going to get a get-away tractor for us, too. I laughed. They love to joke, and we weren't getting married on a farm, we were getting married in a cute little Victorian town, in a beautiful old stone church, not a barn. And the hotel where we were having our reception was just a block or two away, so we didn't even need a vehicle to get there.
Well.
You can see where this story is going, right?
LL and I walked out of the church...
to find this sight:
Yes Ma'am.
That would be a tractor. And a manure spreader. (Never been used, thankfully!)
LL's family was grinning from ear-to-ear, so proud that they had pulled off the surprise. (And no, LL wasn't in on it. He was in shock, too).
So, what's a girl to do?
Get on that tractor!
And so did the rest of the bridal party. (They had thoughtfully put folding-chairs in it, so we all had places to sit. It was HUGE!)
And there was enough room left on the spreader for some of the kids at the wedding to take a ride, too. (Don't the faces of the Amish kids in this picture crack you up?)
And off we went, down through the streets of the Historic Downtown, on a tractor and manure spreader, to the park to take pictures. :)
It was a wedding surprise no one will ever forget!
Which, actually, is a lot like the past 7 years I have spent with LL. Unforgettable.
Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband!





No comments:
Post a Comment