Monday, July 2, 2012

Sometimes a Mani/Pedi Just Won't Wait

I shared this on Facebook last night, but for those of you who don't have it/didn't see it (Hi Mom and Dad!) I just had to share this.

Last night we put Collette to bed at her usual time, around 8:30.  Since it's been super hot, we have both of our window air conditioners running upstairs and the door to upstairs closed to keep it cooler.  Around 9:30, LL and I thought we heard faint footsteps, but chalked it up to Bingo being upstairs.  Then we thought we heard them again.  LL went  up to investigate, and I wasn't far behind him.  When we reached the top of stairs, we were greeted by the very strong smell of nail polish.

And one small girl sitting, in her bed, in the dark, with a bottle of fuchsia nail polish, painting happily away.  

LL, in shock: "What are you doing?????"

Collette: "I'm painting my nails.  I got the nail polish."


By the time I reached the top of the stairs, they had moved into the bathroom for clean up.  I try very hard not to laugh when I should discipline Collette, but this sight was just too much.  I couldn't help it.  LL and I were both in stitches at this sight:

Here's the close-up.  I particularly love the entirely pink index finger and thumb :)


Amazingly enough, there were only a few drops on her sheets, and none anywhere else in her room (that we've been able to find, anyway).  


Oh, this kid. You just never know what she's gonna do next!

When I posted the pictures on Facebook, our cousin Rachel replied, "Sometimes a good mani/pendi just can't wait til morning!"

So true! :)

No comments: