Sunday, December 15, 2013

Two.

My sweet baby boy turned TWO this past Monday!  I can't even believe it.
I swear I was holding that baby in my arms just minutes ago.  And now he's a full-blown toddler!
 
So what is Trey like at two?
 
He is constant motion.  He loves to "Go, go!" and be outside.
January
 
He is mischievous and loves to play jokes.  Collette is usually the recipient of this behavior, but no one is exempt.
February
 
His vocabulary has exploded this month, and it is so fun to have conversations with him.
March
 
He continues to be a great sleeper, and not a morning person.  He wants to sit and snuggle and drink his milk and not talk or have anyone talk to him.  While his sister, who has been up for hours before him, won't.stop.talking. EVER.
April

He continues to love anything with wheels, and tractors in particular.
May
 
He has great manual dexterity. I'm always amazed by the little thing he can play with and manipulate.  He is always watching to see how things work and are put together.
June
 
He is still a tall boy.  At his two year check up, he was 36 1/4 inches and 30 pounds.  Over the 90% for height, and around the 65% for weight.
July

His favorite books are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear," "The Going to Bed Book," "My First Farm Book," "Good Night Moon," and "Good Night (A Touch and Feel book)."  He has recently started sitting for longer stories with Collette.  So far, "Scuffy The Tugboat" is his favorite "longer" book.
August
 
He is a polite little guy. He says "please", "thank you", "you're welcome" "Bless you", and my favorite-- he says "Yes Ma'am" all the time. It is so cute.
September
 
He likes a wide variety of foods, but loves bananas and yogurt, and is more of a meat-eater than his sister was at 2.  He loves hamloaf especially (I think it may be a PA-Dutch thing... I never had it until I moved to this area). And he loves his milk. Future dairy farmer? :)
October
 
He has started to be still long enough to watch TV shows, and especially likes Mickey, Sesame Street, and Curious George. We went to our first movie this weekend, and took a chance by bringing Trey with us-- he did great!
November
 
He is still my snuggle-buddy and still a thumb-sucker. I don't know how we are ever going to separate him from that thumb! (And he loves both equally.)
December-- Birthday breakfast pancakes!
 
We had both sets of Grandparents and his Great Grandma and Great Bumpa over for cupcakes on his birthday.  Collette helped decorate them, and we  had a fun mini-party, since we had already done their big birthday bash.
 
Blowing out his candle!
 
I can't imagine our life without our rambunctious, sweet, mischievous, clever little guy. He is a joy and a delight to us every day.  Happy, happy birthday, my sweet 2 year old boy!

No comments: