Back in December, Trey made the move from his crib to a big boy bed. We had planned all along to move him to the bigger bedroom that was serving as our guest room-- the nursery is great for a nursery, but is about half the size of the other bedrooms in our house. We thought maybe we'd move Trey into a toddler bed in the bigger room, and use the nursery as our new (cozy) guest room. However, since it looks like we will be using our nursery for a nursery once again, we decided we would move him to the bigger bed in that room, maybe sometime this winter or spring.
Well.
Trey had other plans.
One night in mid-December, he woke up around 11pm ready to party! He was singing, laughing, talking in his crib, and no amount of me rubbing his back or telling him to go to sleep etc. was helping him calm down. I finally just went to bed and decided he could party on his own. Then around 1:00am, I woke up hearing a door knob turning. I raced over to Trey's room, with LL close behind me, and there stood Trey. He looked at us and said "Drink, Mommy?" Then he walked to the bathroom, pushed a stool over, got a cup, turned on the faucet, poured himself a drink, turned the water off, and walked back to his room. LL and I stood there rubbing our eyes making sure we weren't dreaming. Didn't he just turn two the week before?
So we put him back in his crib and waited. About two minutes later, he had climbed out of the crib and was at the door again. We said it was time for night-night, and he climbed back in his crib! So, we decided at that point we were done with the crib. We put him in his toddler bed (which was already in the nursery) and told him to go to sleep. When I checked on him a little later, this is what I found.
Ha! Sound asleep, but not quite where I expected. The next day, we moved him into his new room. I would love to show you pictures of his new bedroom, except for the fact that it really doesn't look too exciting right now. We don't have a cute comforter, or anything on the walls, or any cute little-boy decorations. It still pretty much looks like a guest bedroom. Hopefully soon I will find some good deals and we will get his room decorated! In any event, here he is in his big-boy bed:
He has been doing really well in his bed, and sleeping like a champ. Of course, now that his room is adjacent to Collette's, she goes in and wakes him up in the morning so she can play with him, but other than that, he's still a rock star sleeper. I can't believe my little boy is all done with his crib!


No comments:
Post a Comment