Her last classes at Studio Brick
Sitting in the coveted spot by Ms. Nancie:
Ballet Barre
Stretching with Ms. Indeah:
Ms. Indeah with a few of her Bitsy Ballet girls:
I wasn't sure whether we would find a new place for Collette to take dance or not. It was the middle of the year, and some of the studios in the area were more intensive (I mean, really, she's four. I just want her to have fun!) and they were pricier. We ended up finding a class at another place in Danville that suits our schedule and our budget! It's a class just for 3 and 4 year olds, which is nice, because Collette was definitely the youngest by quite a bit at her other studio. And the best part about the new class is.... the do ballet and tap in the same class!
Collette was beyond excited to go get her new tap shoes (luckily, Payless carries them.) When she tried them on, she immediately went over to the tile floor to test them out. The tile happened to be near the entrance to the store, so everyone walking by in the mall could see her, tapping away. This earned her more than a few smiles and waves from passersby. After she tested them out, she came running back to me and happily declared, "Mommy! EVERYONE likes my new shoes!" Ha!
In the new dance class, parents aren't allowed in. I sat in every one of Collette's classes before, so this is a big change! I miss seeing what she's doing but I totally understand that with a room of 3 and 4 year olds, parents can be a distraction. At the end of her first tap class, her teacher Ms. Michelle invited the parents in to see what they had been working on.
Ready to tap!
And like a good mom I took a video of the first tap dance she learned! It's about a minute long, and I couldn't resist sharing it. :)
Clearly, she is excited about her dance class. :) I'm so glad it worked out to find a new class!









No comments:
Post a Comment