Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Newest Addition to Our Menagerie

Although I haven't blogged about it much, we are expecting Baby #3 this July.  And LL and I kind of had a running joke that we needed to get another pig, because when I had Collette, LL came home with Preston.  And when I was pregnant with Trey, LL came home with Charlotte (both surrendered to the animal hospital and needing homes). But I told LL didn't want another breathing thing to be responsible for this year!

Well.

Our friend and fellow vet had a litter of potbellied piglets.

And you can guess what happened next. :) 

So, meet Peppa, the newest addition to our menagerie. :)


 
Peppa, named by Collette (after the kid's cartoon Peppa Pig), is just a little baby.  :) So, she isn't living with our bigger pigs yet.  She has her own little barn for now.  When she gets bigger, we will move her in with Preston and Charlotte so she has some buddies.
 
The kids think she's pretty great.

Even with the negative temperatures we've been having lately, the kids are always excited to bundle up and help feed the pigs, and the bull calves we currently have at our house.

We now have 2 girl pigs and 1 boy pig.  I wonder if baby #3 will also bring our family to a total of 2 girls and 1 boy, as Collette is so desperately hoping?  We should know next week!


No comments: