Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow, Snow, and More Snow.

Snow.  This has been an extra snowy winter for us, with lots of cold (negative temperatures) weather thrown in, and occasionally ice, too. I keep trying to tell myself this is nothing like the winters I experienced as a kid in Minnesota, or even when I lived in Western New York, but the truth is, we are growing weary of the snow, cold, and delays/cancellations it causes.

In fact, we received more snow last night and it is still snowing pretty hard now, and LL bravely trudged off to work in it. Collette likes to help him shovel his car out.  In a tutu, of course. :) Because what else would you wear to shovel snow? :)

The two small people in my house don't share my sentiments, however.  They are perfectly happy to bundle up and play outside in the snow, and still come in every morning after we have received new snow saying "It snowed! It snowed!! Can we go play??"

And, since the snow and being penned-in makes mama a little crazy, too, out we go. :)

Sweet Trey. He loves the snow but cannot.keep.mittens.on.to.save.his.life!!! I swear they come off like every two minutes.  Ha!



Collette and Bingo playing in the snow.

Snow Angels!
Jumping on the trampoline in the snow is the best! :)
 
And then the found an empty barrel (used for ashes from our furnace) and decided that would be fun to roll around the yard, too.
Hide and seek is also popular, as is tree climbing in general.

 One day not too long ago we got ice and snow.  Poor Trey discovered that it was much harder work having to stomp through the ice and deep (at least for a toddler) snow with every step.  He soon sat down and decided to just wait it out while I fed the animals.  He was saying, "I stuck, Mama! Help!" :)
 
Collette took a break by him for a bit, but she's more adept at getting up out of the snow than he is.
 
One evening we even tried out Collette's new snow shoes.  They were a hit!

I predict a lot more snowy days in our immediate future.  Glad the kids still enjoy it!




No comments: