Because we left for a long weekend away on Valentine's Day, we really had more of a "Valentine's Week" this year-- we did a few things before we left, and a few things when we got back home after Valentine's Day.
I decided to try out a cute new heart hairstyle for Collette (thanks to some inspiration from Cute Girl Hairstyles), and it was adorable! I braided her hair into three intertwined hearts, and they actually stayed in all day long!
So of course we had to replicate the look when we went to MOPS right before Valentine's Day, and I took our "official" Valentine's pictures of the kids then.
This is my favorite one of both of them. (Please note Collette's ever-present baby doll, the one she got for her birthday, Isabella Sienna.)
After about 50 outtakes I told them to both put their hands in their laps. Ha!
Oh, those grins. Melt my heart.
Too cool kids.
Y'all know holidays (even minor ones) make me nostalgic. So of course I had to go back and look at our Valentine's Days past. Oh, my heart. Just look at those tiny babies:
Both kids did some Valentine's artwork this year, too. LL took them to a craft night at our local McDonald's (while I was working), and they made Valentines in MOPS and in Awana. They were so proud of their handiwork.
Here's the artwork! The biggest picture is my favorite-- the Valentine says "Who loves you?" (with the owl) and on the inside had a picture of Jesus, with the verse about Jesus loving the little children. Collette drew herself holding hands with Jesus. :)
We were traveling to the Adirondack Mountains on Valentine's Day, but we did manage to get a festive treat. :)
And on Tuesday, after we got home, these beauties arrived at my door.
Collette was so excited that Daddy sent "us" flowers. At lunch she prayed, "Thank you, God, that Daddy sent us such beautiful flowers and that he loves us so much!" I couldn't have put it better myself! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment