The first thing we had to do to get ready for preschool was to get a hair cut! I actually don't have any "before" pictures of her hair, because I totally forgot to take my phone/camera along when she got her hair cut, but it was long. Like, down past her waist. I would have to pull her hair to the side to tie sashes on her dresses. Since she has the goal of "growing it as long as Rapunzel's," we didn't take off too much length. May be couple of inches? The ends were uneven, and it really needed it! Here are her after pictures. All trimmed up and ready to start school!
,
Then we had preschool orientation! LL and I were cracking up, because Collette was so excited, and kept answering every questions her teachers gave and sharing lots of extra information, while the other kids sat quietly and listened. :) Nope, not our girl! Her teacher has been teaching preschool for 22 years, so I think she can handle Collette's enthusiasm. :)
Making her name tag craft. The theme for the first week is "Dive into Preschool," so the kids all got an octopus name tag, which they could decorate with stickers to make the suction cups on the octopus' arms (fun fact: they are called arms, not tentacles. I learned something new!)
Collette took her time and gave her octopus not only suction cups on the arms, but a pink necklace and headband as well. :) She loves crafts! (Their names are the on the other side.)
And, finally, the first day came! Collette had her outfit laid out for days, and on Monday morning came in our room completely dressed at 6:00am and wanted to know if we could leave right then. :)
Showing off her "First Day of Preschool Outfit," as she referred to it. She even told people she met that day, "This is my First Day of Preschool Outfit! See?" Because a tutu skirt is always appropriate.
She was not into posing-- she wanted to get into that car and go!
I did get a short video of her before we left. :)
At her school, in the drop off line!
I think the hardest part is waiting in line at drop off! Getting all 4 of us out the door, into the van, and into preschool to stand in the drop off line may not sound like a big deal, but it can be a challenge, especially when holding a baby carrier and corralling a "busy" two year old! Here are the kids waiting for Collette's teacher to come get her. Despite her "I'm so over pictures" face, she was really excited.
Collette thought her first day was awesome, and was a little bummed she had to wait until Wednesday to go back! And I enjoyed having some time with just my boys, even though we all missed her! I can't wait to hear about all of her preschool adventures. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment