1. The garden. It is producing. I haven't done as much as I have in past years, thanks to one new little boy, but we have still been busy. We froze green beans and also made these fabulous "dilly beans," which are kind of like dill pickles, but green beans. So tasty. And our tomatoes didn't do very well this year (they suffered from blight), but we did get a few bushels and made spaghetti sauce.
2. We have been enjoying the weather and hitting the playground. The kids have turned into little monkeys. Especially Trey. He wants to climb, jump, and hang on EVERYTHING. Please see the third picture for evidence that I will have a heart attack/he will end up in the ER. Hanging from a bar 8 feet in the air, saying, "Hey, Mommy! Watch this!!"
3. We spent an evening at Knoebels. LL was supposed to meet us there, but got stuck at work. Thank goodness for Mimi and Bumpa coming along; corralling 3 kids in a crowded amusement park is not for the faint of heart. Collette was beyond thrilled to be tall enough to ride the swings. You need to be 42 inches to ride, and last year, as a 3 year old, she wasn't quite tall enough. (Never mind that it's a "big kid" ride and wasn't really designed for 3 year olds. She wanted to ride it in the worst way, and oh, the wailing and sobbing that occurred when she was about half an inch too short-- particularly when her older cousins made the height requirement.) You should have seen the huge grin on her face when she got on this year, arms waving in the air, not even holding on. I asked if she wanted me to ride with her, but she was not interested. She said, "No, Mommy, I want to do it all by myself. I'm big enough." And Trey got to ride his beloved digger. :) They were both so happy.
4. Collette starts preschool Aug 25th. She may be just a tiny bit excited. Here she is holding a sign she made that says "23 days until school." She is so ready to be a "big kid."
5. We got to meet our new nephew/cousin, Ethan Lloyd-- LL's sister's baby. He was born 6 weeks after Elliott. I may have mentioned that LL and his 3 siblings were all having babies within 6 months-- completely coincidentally. And they are all boys. And the 3 who have been born so far all have names starting with an "E." Also coincidentally. None of us revealed/discussed names. Ephriam was born first, then 4 weeks later Elliott was born, then six weeks later, Ethan. We can't wait to meet the October baby boy, too! :)
6. Trey was given some of his Daddy's and uncles' old metal toy tractors to play with, and he is in heaven. We put them on our porch, and he plays with them daily, rain or shine.
7. We borrowed scooters from Grandma's house, and the kids have had a blast riding on them. They went to the park with Mimi and Bumpa, and scootered down to the farm with Daddy, and have had lots of scooter races on the porch. :)
8. Collette's fabulous fashions continue. And please don't tell her that her shirt that matches her baby (now named "Ellie") is actually a 4T nightgown. Mama can't pay $50-100 for matching girl/ bitty baby outfits. The $8.77 nightgown and doll nightgown combo on clearance at Kohls was the best I could do. Never mind that she hasn't been a 4T for a good year and a half. She has declared it "Pajamas AND a shirt. I can wear it at bed time and at daytime." #theheartwantswhattheheartwants
9. I will do a post on Elliott soon, but we have all been getting in lots of good snuggling time with our little guy.
10. We actually got a family picture of us where I am not in a hospital bed and drugged up. :) My dad took one picture and got us all looking and smiling. I have no idea how he managed that. I am usually jumping up and down, making crazy faces/noises, promising treats and/or threatening consequences, and I still can't get the kids to look and smile. Thanks, Dad.

























No comments:
Post a Comment