Sunday, September 28, 2014

10 Year Reflection

On September 25th, Lloyd and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary.  It truly doesn't seem like 10 years to me! To celebrate this year, we went to a really fun restaurant called Old Tioga Farm.  It is a small, farm-to-table place that is only open on weekends, and run at an old farmhouse, by a couple who does everything themselves.  We had an amazing dinner there!

Lloyd and some of our incredible food! 

Since we don't often get much uninterrupted time to talk, and this was a dinner of five courses,  we had plenty of time to reminisce about our years together.  I thought it would be fun to pick a "Top 10 of  Us," with one event from each year (leaving out our honeymoon and births of children, which were immediate answers that I declared were "cheating."). We started to talk about our favorite experiences from each  year, and weren't able to narrow it down! We would think that we had picked an event from a specific year, and then would remember something else.  Our conversation lasted all evening-- a good 2 and a half hours at the restaurant-- and we never were able to narrow it down to just our top 10.  It was such a fun night.

However, I did decide we should take a pictorial trip down memory lane, and found a picture of us from each year of our marriage-- each one in a different location. We've had the opportunity to do a lot of neat things during our ten years together.  (I also realized that we aren't very good at taking pictures of ourselves-- particularly of us as a couple once kids came along! It was a struggle to find pictures of just the two of us together sometimes!)

2004: New Zealand 
(our fabulous honeymoon).


2005: Yosemite National Park 

2006: Hawai'i

2007: Mexico Cruise

2008: New Orleans

2009: Florida
(and expecting Collette!)

2010: Western Caribbean Cruise

2011: Myrtle Beach
(and expecting Trey!)

2012: New York City

2013: Chicago

2014: Gender Reveal Party
(Expecting Elliott, obviously. Ha!)

You will notice we don't have an exciting "location" picture yet for this year. :) And we actually don't even have a picture of the two of us on our 10th anniversary. Sad. I am going to try to be better about getting pictures of the two of us in the future!

We have been blessed with ten wonderful years together, and I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else.  Bring on the next 10 years! :)

No comments: