Monday, January 26, 2015

Farm Show Fun

I got to experience the Farm Show twice this year! The first time LL had tickets to the opening of the Farm Show, which included a huge and very tasty dinner.  Instead of having a sit-down dinner, we could sample food from the various vendors.  It was so good! Nora, her husband Steve, my brother Tim (who was visiting from SC), and our friend Anna all came.  It was so fun! Of course, I didn't take a single picture.  Nora did get one of the two of us, thankfully.

LL worked at the Farm Show at the veterinary booth, but we didn't end up going with him that night, because he worked until 9pm and it is a good hour away from our house.  That would have equaled a huge meltdown for the kids! But my good friend from college, who haven't seen in forever, planned on going later in the week, so Nora and I made plans to go and meet her there.  The Farm Show is enormous, and gets roughly 600,000 people during the week that is it open.  It is a crush of people most places! And so I decided to brave it by myself with 3 kids 5 and under.  Ha! Several people comment on how "brave" I was to take the kids by myself.  By the end of the day, as I was pushing the Sit N Stand stroller with all 3 kids in it (they did walk a lot, but it is literally miles of walking inside!) I was thinking "brave" was a code word for "stupid." Ha! In any event, we all loved seeing the Farm Show with Evan and Simone.  I don't have  a single picture of Elliott, but I promise he was there.  He was just so good and slept and hung out in the stroller.

Collette, Trey, and Evan in the wheel of the Combine. The Combine was a big hit, even though it was green. ;)

Evan and Collette checking out a tractor.

Trey, the self-proclaimed "Tractor Man," checking out a "manure spreader tractor." (Pap's big tractor like this hauls the manure spreader, so that is what Trey calls all of the big, dual wheeled tractors.)

Alpacas are always a big hit!

Checking out that baby chicks!

The duck slide is always a crowd pleaser.  I think the kids could have watched them all day. 

Trey, Evan, Collette, and Simone check out a canoe.

1,000 lb Butter sculpture! 

So happy to get to reconnect! Jess, Nora, and me. 

Hopefully next year we can go and hang out with LL, too, but we had a great time this year! All 3 kids were asleep in the car before we even hit the highway. :)

No comments: