Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tractor Kids

Each year, I try to do a little video interview with the kids near their birthdays.  I ask them a series of questions, and see how their answers change from year to year.  Trey got a little distracted during his interview, and so it is really too long to post, but one classic moment involves him telling us all what he wants to be when he grows up.  I'm so glad I got it on video:

Yes, folks, Trey wants to "Transform into a Tractor Man!" Oh, how I love this kid. Ever since he said that, he has been referring to himself as the "Tractor Man", or sometimes, the "Combine Man." The rest of the extended family has embraced his moniker, and will often talk about Tractor Man Trey.

For Christmas this year, in addition to getting a real, ride-on combine and a host of tractors as presents, the kids all got Case I.H. (for those of you unfamiliar with farm life, this the the "red tractor" brand-- the only tractors we use on the farm) shirts. Today, Collette put on her "Case I.H. Girl" shirt, and then asked if Tractor Man would like to put on his Combine shirt and jeans so they "matched." When he agreed, we then we had to dress Elliott in his "Red Tractor Boy" shirt and jeans, and have a little photo shoot.  Collette was the mastermind behind this.  She wanted the pictures, and she had the ideas to use the combines as props.  It was just about time for Elliott's nap, so he is a little more somber in these pictures than he sometimes is, but on the whole they turned out cute.  And of course, the cute subjects of the pictures don't hurt, either. :)



This one is my favorite! I love how they both have their hands on Elliott and he has his arm around his combine.

Elliott got this combine pillow pet for Christmas.  So far, he loves the tag on it the most, but it is fun for lounging on. :)

Posing with their combines:

Collette then decided that each kid needed a combine.  Luckily, we have 3 varieties!

Cutest Tractor Kids around. :)

No comments: