Collette made a snow-measuring stick, and was so excited to get out and measure snow with it.
She waited anxiously for it to snow, and as soon as she saw the very first flurries, she was dressed in all of her snow gear, ready to go measure! You can see we only had a little snow at this point. :)
One inch!
Looking at her snowman measure, she declared, "I guess you were right, Mommy. Those cumulonimbus clouds did bring us some snow." HA! We hadn't discussed cumulonimbus clouds in quite some time, but this girl's memory never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps we have a future meteorologist on our hands? :)
A few mornings later, we woke up to several inches of snow. Preschool was cancelled (since none of the roads were plowed yet), and Collette and Trey couldn't wait to get outside. I told them they could play in the yard while I got Elliott ready, and then we would be out in a few minutes.
When I got outside, I discovered Collette and Trey had been sledding all by themselves! This is the first year that they have been able to decide to sled, then pull a sled up a hill, arrange themselves on it, sled down, pull the sled back up the hill, and repeat. I was so surprised! What a great winter milestone! :)
Of course Collette needed to measure the snow again. :)
Apparently they also went and knocked on Mimi and Bumpa's door and asked them to come out and play in the snow. And of course Mimi and Bumpa obliged. :)
The dogs and Elliott and I joined in the fun, and then LL got off of work early, and he came out, too.
Snow Kids!
Poor Elliott. He was not a fan of sledding. I thought he would enjoy being pulled in the baby sled, but he wouldn't even crack a smile. His entire expression said, "Can you not see that this is NO FUN? Get me out of here, woman!"
2 dogs, 3 kids, and LL heading up the hill.
Collette had fun pulling Elliott, even if he wasn't amused. :)
"What is the cold white stuff on my hands?"
Once I rescued Elliott from his sled and held him, he was marginally happier, but still not thrilled. I don't think he really smiled until we were back inside!
Trey, my industrious little man. He loves to shovel! Really, he loves to have any "job." He is a hard worker for sure!
The next time we got snow, Collette got up, got dressed in all of her snow gear, and went outside alone at 7:00am. The rest of us were still in pajamas! We waved at her from my bedroom window. :) My snow-loving girl!

















No comments:
Post a Comment