Hard to believe another 4th of July has come and gone! This year marks two years that my parents and grandpa have been living in PA. How time flies! And last June, we were anticipating being in the hospital with a new baby over the 4th of July. But Elliott had his own plans and he was home to celebrate the Fourth with us. My, how times have changed.
2014, three weeks old. 2015, one year old.
I can't even believe how much that sweet little face has changed in the past year. Incredible.
We had a pretty laid back day, but we did get into our festive attire and go watch the fireworks, which is always big fun. I got the obligatory pictures of the kids before we left, but it was almost dusk, so I probably should have used a flash. Oh well.
My sweet girl. When did her legs get so long?
She requested the star braid hairstyle we did last year, so of course I obliged.
And then as I was putting her patriotic bows in, all I could think about was her first Fourth of July and those same bows in two itty bitty baby pig tails. How is it possible that I have celebrated 6 Independence Days with this girl????
Tractor Man Trey.
No longer my redheaded baby, or even a toddler. This is a "big kid," as he is so fond of telling me!
I did get a couple of cute pictures of my three patriotic cuties.
Gah. I can't even handle it.
We went to get ice cream before the fireworks.
And some little boy let it be known that he did NOT want to be left out of having The Good Stuff. Organic squeezy pouch of baby food? I think not! Give me the ice cream!!
My dad decided to sport this awesome (?) squid hat he got at Knoebels for the fireworks. It is hard to tell because of the camera flash, but it lights up all down the tentacles.
The kids naturally thought it was the most awesome thing ever. :)
We all loved the fireworks; ooohing and aaaaaahing and squealing over each one.
Collette and Trey proclaimed it the "best night ever." It may have been the ice cream sugar high, but I agree, it was pretty awesome. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment