Our house is coming together slowly but surely! This past weekend I was surprised to find out that LL had off on Monday for Memorial Day, so we decided it was the perfect occasion to start painting! My great friends Nora and Lacosta came over and they primed the walls (I am not allowed to do that part) and also filled in holes, cracks, etc., in other rooms. We made an interesting discovery while we were doing that...apparently the study walls were wallpapered and had just been painted white. When LL went to fill a crack, a bunch of the wallpaper came off in his hand! So, then we had to start scraping wallpaper. Needless to say, this is a VERY big job, and we did not get to painting in the study. We decided to move on and paint a room that was in good condition and ready to paint (since the whole reason Nora and Lacosta came was do help LL with a job I couldn't do), and we painted the living room. The girls and LL primed it while I made food, and then since we have 0-VOC paint and lots of ventilation, I got the OK from my Dr. to help with the actual painting. I am happy to say that I LOVE the colors! It will look much better when we actually have the chair railing up (right now it just looks like we can't paint in a straight line) but overall it is already a big improvement. AND it didn't even a million coats of red to get it the color we want. We got tinted primer and after 3 coats we were good.
Here I am ready to paint "Royal Red" for the first time:

And here is LL painting the "Vanilla Brandy" color:

We have also put the finishing touches on our downstairs bathroom. We now have super cute towels and curtains (thanks to Target) and towel rods. Yay! Oh and a very cute bathmat I found in Kirklands while on vacation with Amanda and Phillip. Here are the updates:
My reversible towels from Target (they can also be blue with brown stripes):

My very southern monogrammed bathmat:

And my cute curtains:


This weekend we hope to paint the dining room, and see if the carpenter can come cut our chair railing and crown moulding for us. More updates soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment