Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time to Check In Fluffy!

At my last job, I definately had some rough days. Working with the seriously mentall ill can be challenging in many ways, and some days I would just come home completely drained. On those days I would frequently tell Lloyd "When you are a doctor I am going to have a low-stress job! I am going to come to work with you and be a receptionist and check in Fluffy!" And I would day-dream about how nice life would be, answering phones and checking in cute little Fluffy. It kind of got to be a running joke with my friends. Well, wouldn't you know it, Lloyd comes home his first day of work and says "Hey honey do you want to be a receptionist at the animal hospital? They need someone part time!" I thought he was joking, but he had the application in his hand, so I filled it out. I haven't minded being at home, because there is a lot of stuff to do at the house, but I am definately a people person and have been starting to feel a little stir-crazy. And starting a new therapy job just isn't right because of the timing with the pregnancy--I would barely develop relationships with anyone before I would have to leave, and I wouldn't be eligible for any type of FMLA or anything else. So I interviewed with the animal hospital and got a call yesterday that I can start next Tuesday, on June 2nd! I really am going to be checking in Fluffy! It's funny how life works. I never actually expected that to happen, it was just always something I would say when I was frustrated, but now, as one of my friends put it, I am "living the dream!" Lol. LL and I are still trying to get internet access at our house, so that's why I haven't been posting as much, but hopefully that issue will be resolved soon. Either way, I will be sure to give you an update on the new job next week!

1 comment:

MB Brown said...

congrats on the job!! I know people will love to come in to the office just to see my chipper, smiley friends!!

Also, love the paint colors! We also have found painted-over wallpaper...ugh! I'm dreading the day that project begins!! Happy painting!!

<3,
Becky