Monday, June 8, 2009

The Reitz's Welcome the 21st Century!!

The day has finally come. I am sitting in my living room watching cable TV and blogging. Yes, that's right everyone-- Lloyd and I now have both TV and wireless internet!!! Hallelujah! Lloyd was finally able to procure cable internet for us, and now we have hi speed internet on both the laptop and desk top. Words cannot describe how excited I am to not have to drive down to the farm and use dial-up anymore!

In other news, my first week of Checking in Fluffy went well. I am learning lots of interesting vet stuff and getting the hang of creating charts, scheduling clients, dispensing meds, doing invoices, etc. Another great part is I get to wear scrubs to work every day! I swear I feel like I am going to work in my pjs! Lol. As an added bonus, I sometimes get to see Dr. Reitz doing surgery or client exams while I am there, which is always fun. We did learn the hard way not to EVER car pool, even if we are scheduled for the same shift. One morning last week Lloyd drove, and when I was off and he was scheduled to be off, he was in the middle of a 3 hr surgery. After waiting patiently for about 45 minutes, one of the other vets (who also happens to be pregnant) told me I would starve to death waiting for Lloyd and I should just go get the key from him, despite the fact that he was all suited up for surgery. Lloyd had to move away from his patient and I had to enter the surgery suite to retrieve the key without breaking the sterile field! We have driven separately after that! :o)

No comments: