I was able to upload some pictures to our dinosaur desktop, so now I can post some pics of the wedding! On June 18th, Lloyd and I drove up to Long Island for the wedding of our good friends Chris and Debbie. Chris gradated with LL from vet school, and Debbie and I got to be good friends while we were down in MS with the guys, and they asked both of us to be in our wedding! I did have momentary heart failure the week before the wedding, because my bridesmaid dress still hadn't come in, and my dress measurements were taken pre-pregnancy, so I was having horrible visions of pulling out a dress that didn't even come close to zipping in the back, and having no time to fix it. Luckily, the lady at the dress store thought I should order a size MUCH larger than what I usually wear, and even though I argued with her at the time, she swore up and down that their designer sized dresses differently and this size would be perfect for me. So when the dress came less than a week before the wedding, I took a deep breath and tried it on (p.s. there is no "suck it in" associated with a pregnant belly, no matter how hard one may try) and, miraculously, it FIT! It needed very few alterations that my MIL was able to make herself, and I was able to stop worrying. It all worked out, and I even felt a little bit vindicated that the dress certainly would NOT have fit if I were not prego. :o) I don't have the best pictures, because since both LL and I were in the wedding, we couldn't take any pictures at the church and only a few at the reception, but here they are.
The reception was at a resort on Westhampton beach, which was beautiful, but sadly it poured the whole day, so we didn't get to do outside pictures on the beach. The reception hall was beautiful, too.


Since they had a beach theme, each place setting card was attached to a real starfish, which Chris painstakingly drilled holes in! They were so cute!

The cake had a beach theme too, and was VERY tasty (note to all Southerners, this was a NY wedding, so there was no groom's cake. I firmly believe we Northerners have missed out on this awesome and delicious tradition!)

The happy couple:

We didn't get any really good pictures of LL and I. This is the only one I have so far (I am sure Debbie will send me some more once she gets home from her fabulous Italy honeymoon), but here we are, with me just over 20 weeks along:

Oh, and did I mention the CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN?!? Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment