Monday, June 29, 2009

An (almost) Finished Kitchen

The kitchen is nearly finished! LL and I painted (amoretto on the top, soft ivory to cover the paneling) and I found great curtains at Wal-Mart (believe it or not, I looked in Target and in the department stores in the mall and I liked the Better Homes and Gardens Wal-Mart curtains better!) We also found a new light fixture at Lowes so the welcome-to-the-70's-plastic-pretending-to-be-stained-glass light is GONE!! It looks about a million times better! For those of you who need a reminder, here is our kitchen right before we moved in:


Here is our kitchen in progress where you can kind of see the light fixture:

And here is our kitchen after(including Byron, who wanted to pose when he saw the camera)





And just for something fun, LL and I found this great flying pig watering can on sale at Pier 1. It is perfect for our violets and orchid, and today I came home and found out that it can double as a flower vase! LL is very ingenious. :o)


Now all we need to do is stain the new cabinet build-ins the same color as our existing cabinets, and maybe change the flooring. LL's brother and his wife, Nick and Niki,(back from China) are moving into the house next door to us, and they are having someone come out and do new linoleum floors and carpet, and the guy offered us a discounted rate to do our floor as well. Someday we will redo everything and hopefully put nice tile in the kitchen, but for now we are thinking happy thoughts about getting rid of 35 year old stained yellow linoleum!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I cannot tell you how much I love your kitchen. I have looked at it at least 10 times since you posted. Do you think if I emailed you pictures of my kitchen you could help me out?? I just don't know where to start.

MB Brown said...

You've worked so hard!! Great job!!