Friday, June 10, 2011

19 Months (a little late)!

LL has been out of town this past week, and he had the laptop with him, so that's why I've been silent this week! Luckily, he is home safe and sound now, as is the computer :) I realize that I haven't really finished my Myrtle Beach posts, but I wanted to take a break from that to do a little update on our big 19 month girl! Seriously, how can this be possible? 

So here are a few facts about Collette at 19 months:

~We actually had her 18-month doctor appointment today (due to their schedule and our vacation).  And I think I may try to get Collette interested in basketball so we can sign her up for the WNBA in a few years-- this girl is TAAAAAALLLL! She is 34.5 inches (over the 95%) and 28lbs 5 oz (75-95%).  She is continuing to be right on track developmentally, and the Dr. was even impressed with her vocabulary. :o) She also got 4 shots today.


~Her latest obsession is doing clasps-- particularly the ones on her high chair and car seat.  I really think she would spend HOURS doing that if she could.  After she finished buckling her straps, though, she can't get them undone to do them again! So she will say "Please? Please?" over and over in hopes that someone will unbuckle the clasps for her to do them again. :o)

~She is finally started to like meat! Hooray! She is still a great eater, and loves her veggies, fruits, cheese, and yogurt the most.

~Collette definitely has a favorite color-- yellow! It's the only color that she consistently identifies and says (although this week she has been saying blue, green, and purple) and she calls many of her favorite foods "yellows" instead of their actual names-- like peaches, corn, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. Yes, I realize that oranges are, in fact, orange.  Try as I might, the girl calls them "yellows."  So cute.  Her favorite stuffed animal is also yellow-- the yellow care bear that LL's mom made for him when he was little!

~She is pretty fearless-- she runs right into the ocean, tries to climb the highest slide, swing on the "big kid" swings, and generally do anything her big cousins are doing. :o)


~She is still incredibly social.  She says "hiii!" to everyone she sees, whether they are paying any attention to her or not. LOL.  She even says hello and goodbye to the cars driving by our house.



~She is such a love bug.  She loves giving hugs and kisses to us, to the dogs, and to her baby dolls and stuffed animals. 

~She appears to be teething (she has all of the symptoms) but no new teeth yet! She is still missing six-- 4 on top and 2 on bottom.  I actually double-checked with the Dr. today and he said kids just all teethe differently. She will get them eventually!

Collette blesses us each day with her sunny disposition and her mischievous streak!  We just never know what she's going to say or do next and go to bed every night laughing about things she has done that day.  Happy 19 months, Collette!

No comments: