This past weekend LL, Collette and I were able to go visit our friends Danielle and Matt and their family. It was actually kind of a mini-college reunion, because our friends Becky and Matt, their two kids, Nora and Steve, and Lacosta (minus her family) were all able to come. The main reason for our get together was to do a 5k in Gettysburg. This was the first 5k that Danielle ran, and she inspired us all to to start running! (You can read about our last 5k HERE. Although Becky wasn't able to come to that one because she lives in MA. She gets a pass on that one. Ha!)
Because the race started at 8am and Gettysburg is a couple of hours away, we drove down Friday night and were able to spend the night with Danielle, Matt, Becky, Matty B., and their kids. It was so great to have a chance to catch up!
The next morning we did the 5k. For a couple of us, there was a small glitch in our 5k plan...namely, Nora's and my pregnancies. Being 23 weeks, running isn't an option for her, and my doctor basically said if I could run without elevating my heart rate, I could do it. Well. Although I had been running before I was pregnant, I'm not what you would consider an "accomplished" runner, and certainly can't run without elevating my heart rate!! So Nora and I, along with our friend Becky, walked the 5k, while Danielle, Steve and Lacosta ran it. It was a beautiful morning and we had a nice time. We were even able to chat the whole time we walked. Bonus! :)
After the race, we went back to Danielle's house and had a picnic lunch. So fun!
Collette and Caleb (who is 2 days older than Collette) enjoying lunch:
Matty B. with his kids, Samantha and Daniel:
Our group shot, minus children (making the whole thing much easier!):
(Matty B. and Becky, Matt and Danielle, Steve and Nora, Lacosta, LL and me. All Messiah Alumns, minus Steve).
I feel so blessed that 10 (YIKES!) years out of college, I am still close with and able to get together with so many dear friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment