I'm supposed to be taking it extra-easy to help keep my blood pressure low, so I didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year, but on Saturday LL, Collette, and I went to Lowes and got some things we needed for the nursery makeover. Collette has been loving her new room and has been doing great sleeping in her bed, so I feel good about redoing the nursery now, even if it is a little bitter-sweet. When we decided we wanted to do a girly nursery, I picked a yellow/tan paint as the main color in the room, with accent stripes of lavender and purple. So now that we are redoing the nursery, we are leaving the main yellow color, just repainting the stripes. An easy redo! Here is LL painting the first strokes!
We thought we could paint it all at once, but the instructions on the painter's tape we are using to make our stripes said we need to let new paint dry for 3 days before putting the tape on it, so we only got the blue stripe done. Tomorrow we can paint the other stripe, and hopefully finish the nursery!
I haven't gotten any great pictures of Collette lately; she has still be decidedly anti-camera. I'm not sure why; we are hoping it's just a phase! But currently, she has started crying "I no want it!" when we even say the word camera! So we didn't even attempt to get a family picture at Thanksgiving. Although LL did make this great turkey:
And we had a nice dinner with his parents and his grandmas; all of his siblings were at their in-laws for Thanksgiving this year, but obviously we weren't up for a big trip at this stage :)
Collette loved the Thanksgiving food, even if I had to sneak in my picture taking :)
Also, she did sport a Very Southern smocked dress for church yesterday, in honor of her Southern heritage and the Bulldogs big win in the Egg Bowl. LL snapped this pic with his phone as we were getting our coats to head out the door. It's the best we could do. :)
Happy Monday!







No comments:
Post a Comment