Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Somehow it doesn't seem possible that it's the middle of February already! Since Collette is old enough to actually kinda-sorta understand Valentine's Day, I decided we should make some cookies.  I asked Collette if we should bake something.  She said "Yes!" So I asked her what we should bake and she said, without hesitation, "Something with sprinkles!" So I got THIS fabulous recipe of Pinterest, because where else do people get recipes these days? :) 

Collette had a great time helping me bake cookies. 

She got to "dump" in the the ingredients (She always asks me, "I dump it?" before she dumps toys, crayons, etc.)


Help roll and cookie-cut the dough:


And then in the evening when Daddy came home, we all iced the cookies (Collette went to the farm with LL in the meantime, hence the outfit change)




Yum-o!

LL and I kept telling Collette "Happy Valentine's Day!" and she would respond with "Happy Birthday!" and often, "Happy Birthday, Baby Brother!" LOL. So cute. After a few tries, she said "Happy Birthday, Valentine!" We decided that was close enough.

I thought I could get some cute pictures of the kiddos today on Valentine's day.  Collette was excited to wear her heart barrettes and have piggy tails, and Trey was awake and alert, and Collette was excited about having her picture taken. I was thinking we had a great chance at a good photo shoot.  Collette chose to sit in the chair, so I got Trey sitting next to her, went to take their picture, and.....after 2 shots, my batteries died.  Epic fail.  And of course there was not another AA battery in the house, and by the time my batteries recharged, the moment was gone.  But luckily my only two shots turned out pretty cute.  :)

Showing baby brother some love:



Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: