Things have been busy here this week, but I wanted to share about our Wisconsin trip! The actual car trip out went really, really well-- much better than we expected with a 2.5 year old and 8 month old! We left about 4:00pm after LL got off work, and drove overnight. LL drove until about 11, then I drove from 11pm-4am. I am a nightowl, but often in a dark and quiet car (with all other occupants asleep) I can get drowsy, but not this time! When we stopped at a service plaza, LL got us iced coffee drinks from Gloria Jean's. I have no idea what was in that drink (multiple shots of espresso?) but I was not even remotely tired the entire time I was driving! LL took over again at 4:00am while I caught a catnap, and we got to my parents at about 5:45am. Trey was awake until around 8:00pm, and then pretty much slept all night. Collette chatted, played with her toys, watched a dvd (best.investement.ever. Oh how I love our portable dvd player for long trips!). She fell asleep around 11pm and mostly slept all night. The entire 15+ hour trip was awesome! Such a blessing. Poor LL had to leave later that same day for his conference in San Diego (let us all sing LL's praises for driving with me to WI before flying the rest of the way to CA!), but we all got a nap first. :)
The kids and I had an wonderful week at my parents' house. I will let the pictures do the talking!
My mom (Mimi to the kids) found a great deal on this play fort and Collette had a blast in it!
Her favorite thing to do was pretend to play restaurant and make food for people. She always requested "money and coins" for her food. I believe Bumpa was requesting an ice cream cone. :)
Happy girl!
Although "Restaurant" was fun, climbing on, in, and through with Mimi was pretty great, too!
Mimi also got this cute table and chair set (for dining at the restaurant, of course!) Trey joined in the fun, too.
Collette loves her new (hand me down) sneakers and calls them her "running shoes." She was so excited that Mimi and Bumpa had sidewalks and a big parking lot for her to run in. And since Bumpa is a runner, she even had a training partner!
He also helped her with the big-wheel my mom found for a steal. Although she's tall for 2, she's not quite tall enough to reach the pedals and make it go.
One highlight for Collette was going to the little Piggly Wiggly grocery store in town (affectionately referred to as "The Pig.") They even have kid-sized carts, and Collette was so exited to have her very own shopping cart!
Popsicles, hot dogs, graham crackers, and broccoli. All her favorites! Ha!
When she got to the cash register, the cashier talked to her like she was a big person. Their conversation was so funny:
Collette: "Hi! I'm Collette!:
Cashier: "How old are you?"
Collette: "I'm 2!:
Cashier: "Oh, you're two! Are you in school now?"
Collette (very matter of factly): "No. I'm in The Pig."
The cashier started laughing and said to us, "Well I guess she told me!" Mom and I were cracking up. Oh, this kid!
We also went to a very fun pool, but I only got one quick picture with my phone, because they didn't allow kids to wear arm floaties, so I spent every free moment making sure she didn't practice too many of her swimming lesson skills unassisted!
We also walked to a little cafe in town for lunch with Mimi. So fun!
Oh-- and the Little Man started eating puffs. It took him a little bit to get the hang of picking them up, but I'd say he approved of them. :)
And of course, we spent lots of time just snuggling.
With Great Bumpa:
(Showing off their "matching tattoos"):
And Mimi:
And when LL came home, he couldn't be left out either!
Collette's favorite game, "Pig Pile!"
Who needs paper when you can decorate people with stickers?
We also did two bigger trips-- a day trip to the zoo, and an over night trip to an indoor water park. I will get to those next!





















No comments:
Post a Comment