Collette had a great time this year. Because I was going to have the kids by myself, and the farm show complex is enormous and absolutely packed, I took the Sit n Stand stroller. That way she could stand or sit and not feel like she was a "baby" strapped in a stroller, but I didn't have to worry about holding her hand while trying to push a stroller. The farm show is the type of place where you can turn your back for half a second and find your child has disappeared completely is a sea of people. Every parent's worst nightmare! She actually liked the Sit n Stand (we very rarely use it) and did really well not getting out of it.
(It was pouring down rain when we parked, and with trying to hurry inside while juggling two kids, a double stroller, diaper bag, coats, hats, umbrellas, sippy cups, etc., I forgot my camera in the car. So, phone pics will have to do.)
Checking out the cows!
Trey and Evan thought the cows were pretty cool, too.
The alpacas are so cute! Collette was a little gun-shy around them,
because she remembers our friend Kate's spitting llama, Leroy.
She kept saying "I don't want them to spit on me!" Ha! Smart girl.
The butter sculpture!
Each year there is a different theme that is carved out in butter.
This year's wasn't my favorite, but it was still pretty neat to see.
Trey's favorite animal was the baby chicks.
He was mesmerized!
Checking out the baby chicks!
Collette loved the bunnies, too, especially the big fluffy ones.
She even got to pet a bunny.
After checking out the animals and exhibits, we went to get some food and meet LL.
The Farm Show food is incredible. It is all locally grown PA food, and it is all sooooo good.
LL and I can't go without sampling the fried mozzarella cheese, breaded mushrooms, milkshakes,
and apple dumplings (all of the healthy foods, right?) This year Collette got ice cream.
Clearly, she enjoyed it. :)
LL and Trey at the PVMA exhibit!
The next day we continued our healthy eating habits by hosting the party for LL's work at our house! His work always does their holiday party in January, when things have calmed down a bit, and this year LL offered to host it, and suggested we do a skeet shoot and dessert bar. We baked for days before the party. Naturally, I only got pictures of the food. :)
We set up some of our desserts in our dining room on our buffet:
We made Caramel Cupcakes, Swet Potato Mini-Bundt Cakes with a Lemon glaze, Ambrosia,
and fresh Coconut Cake.
I loved it all, but ohhh, the Coconut Cake. Divine.
To.Die.For.Good.
(And it should be, considering the work it takes!)
Here is the beauty:
I thought these snowmen were so cute on the cake, and matched our cake stand perfectly!
We also set up our chocolate fondue fountain and all of the fixings in our kitchen.
We made cheese cake bites and angel food cake, and had a ton of other fun things to dip--
marshmallows, pretzels, strawberries, dried apricots, mini caramel cakes, and of course,
we had to make coffee punch!
A certain little girl was quite enamored with the chocolate fountain. :)
It may not have been a low-calorie day, but it was so much fun! We all had a great time.

















No comments:
Post a Comment