Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hair Cutting Party!

Trey needs his hair cut about every 2 months.  And the other day when I was giving Collette a bath, I saw her hair was pretty much waist-length. I have always loved long hair, but Collette's was getting out of control. So I called my SIL Gwen and said that both my kids needed to come see her and get haircuts, and set up a time for Friday.  When I was talking with my SIL Taryn, she said she thought it was time for Tabby to get a haircut, too, and maybe she would bring her at the same time so the girls could do have their first haircuts together. Yes, I said first haircuts. And they are 4 and 3 years old. :)  Tabby didn't have much hair for a long time, and it's pretty slow-growing, so she hasn't really needed one.  And Collette was born with a thick mop of hair, and it grew out so nicely and pretty evenly, so I never cut hers, either.  She has literally had a bow, barrette, or some type of hair elastic in her hair every day of her life.  Not an exaggeration.  She does well with having her her hair washed, combed, and done each day so her long hair hasn't really been an issue. But, the time had come!

When we got to Gwen's shop, she asked, "Who would like to go first?" 
And in characteristic Collette fashion, she raised her hand high in the air and said 
"Oooh, me! Pick me! Pick me!"

A "Before" picture.  Obviously, she had her hair braided yesterday. :)

Ready for her cut!

She was not a huge fan of having her hair washed in the sink.

She also wasn't a huge fan of sitting still.
Imagine that! Ha!
I was given the job of holding her head to encourage her to hold still.

Her hair was so long that Gwen couldn't see if she was getting it even while Collette was sitting in the  chair. 
So we opted for standing. You can see my arms trying to hold her arms still! :)

 I thought she might be a little more excited about getting her hair cut, 
but she said, "Mommy, I'm done!" after just a few minutes. 
We opted for evening up the ends but not cutting off much length.
(She does pretend to be Rapunzel almost daily!)

She actually really liked the blow-drying part.  

All done! Aunt Gwen even put sparkles in her hair!

Here's a good view of the "After" hair.  
So pretty!

Cousins Autumn and Tabby kept Trey entertained while Collette was getting her hair cut. 

Next it was Tabby's turn!



Tabby wasn't too interested in an "after" picture. 
This is the best I could get!

Trey got his hair cut, too, although since this is his fourth (I think?) hair cut, 
it wasn't quite as a momentous occasion. 
But I was cracking up that when we were trying to get Trey to look down so Gwen could cut the back of his hair, the three girls all sat on the floor in front of him and made silly faces at him.
Worked like a charm!

Peace out from my silly girl!

No comments: