So what is Elliott up to at one month?
~ He is big enough now that he wakes up and wants to eat-- when he was first born, he was still so sleepy that we had to make sure to wake him up every 2 hours to make sure he was eating regularly and keeping his blood sugar level stable. I would take his clothes off, wipe him down with a wet washcloth, and still have trouble keeping him awake enough to eat! I'm happy to say that I no longer need to set alarms for the middle of the night, because Elliott will awake on his own, screaming-mad hungry! :) He usually eats every 2-3 hours, although sometimes he will cluster feed and want to eat hourly (which of course occurs overnight, when we should be sleeping), and once in a while he will go longer than 3 hours. He takes bottles like a champ when we give them to him, which makes it nicer if I have to leave the house without him.
~ He may be a thumb-sucker like his big brother! He often will get his thumb into his mouth, and is so happy when he does. However, since Trey is 2 and a half and still sucking his thumb, we are giving Elliott a pacifier and hoping that perhaps he goes for that instead of his thumb. A pacifier is much easier to take away. ;)
~ At his 3 week appointment, he was up to 8lbs, 3oz, and 20 in. He seems to be growing quickly so I'm sure he's bigger than that now! He can still wear some newborn things, but is starting to fit more 0-3 month things, too. We are almost out of newborn size diapers and are moving on to size 1. :)
(Daddy holding Trey on the left, and Elliott, on the right. I had a deja vu experience one morning when I handed Elliott to LL-- same scrubs, same baby sleeper, same kitchen, two different babies. Totally unplanned!)
~ He is becoming more and more alert. He likes to watch his bear mobile, the fan, and lights. He is starting to enjoy his bouncy seat, and has even reached out and gotten a few of the toys hanging from it.
~ He seems to be a pretty laid-back little guy. He gets hiccups quite a bit, and that will make him fussy sometimes, but on the whole he's only cries when he's hungry.
~ His hair is pretty fluffy post-bath, and will stick up! He has less hair that baby Trey or baby Collette, so it is fun for me to see his hair fluffy and sticking up. His cousin Amelia had the same fluffy type of hair for a while when she was a baby (although she was older at the time.)
~ He is still the greatest thing ever to his big brother and big sister. They love holding him, getting his pacifier, and getting diapers. Collette especially loves to pick out outfits for him, and she has to tell everyone she meets about her new baby brother! She told me recently, "Mommy, I think I may cry a little bit when Elliott gets big." Ha! Mommy may cry a little bit, too. :)
Here are his official first month pictures. With Trey, I took a picture of him posed next to a big teddy bear we had, so show just how he grew that first year. For Elliott, we are using his stuffed dragon in his picture. LL took the kids to the hospital gift shop when Elliott was born, and they got to pick out something for him. They both decided he needed to have this super soft green dragon! Maybe because they had just seen How to Train Your Dragon 2? :)
(I think he is saying, "Enough with the pictures, already, Mom!")
Happy one month, sweet boy!












No comments:
Post a Comment