Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Elliott's Baby Dedication

On March 8th, we were able to dedicate Elliott in our church.  We were so thankful that both our families could be there, and that we could affirm aloud our desire to raise him in a Christian home, with the help of our family and congregation. 


Our pastor ties in each letter of a baby's name with character qualities we pray the child will develop as he grows. I love this idea, and love having specific traits to pray over Elliott! For Elliott, Pastor Harry prayed that he will be:

E- Encourager :
1: Thes. 5:11: Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

L- Learner:
II Tim. 2:15: Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

L- Lover:
John 13: 34-35: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I- Initiator:
Phil. 2:4: ...not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

O- Opportunist:
Eph. 5:16: ...making the most of every opportunity...

T- Tough:
I Cor. 16:13-14:  Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.

T- Tender:
Eph. 4:32:Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. 


Our handsome matching boys. 

Seriously.  SO cute. 

Little man! 8.5 months old. 

Although Collette didn't have a sister to match outfits with, she did immediately change into her dress and shoes that match her cousin Tabby's, when the family came over for lunch after the dedication.   The girls love to pretend that they are twins, despite the obvious physical differences and the fact that they are over a year apart in age. :) 

I attempted to set up the tripod and take a timer picture of us, all dressed up and coordinated, before the kids ditched their outfits or spilled something all over them.  The first attempt turned out pretty good, although I didn't make it in the picture. Ha!

And one with the whole family.  It's as good as it gets, people! :)


No comments: