But, of course, we couldn't just NOT MAKE donuts on Fastnacht Day! So while LL was at work, I whipped up a batch to let rise. We used THIS awesome recipe from Alton Brown.
When LL came home that afternoon, we all made donuts together. Instead of making the traditional round donuts, the kids wanted to make animal shaped ones, so we did that instead. The kids were so excited to help!
And Elliott enjoyed watching and hanging out with Mimi.
We have a real deep fryer, but somehow we have lost the cord to it. So we just used a pot and made them the old-fashioned way. :)
The finished product, with a yummy cinnamon glaze. The best dinosaur, butterfly, kitty, and seahorse donuts I've ever had. Ha!
Collette and Trey agreed. We had a donut as soon as they were done, one for dessert, and then shared them with family, because really they are the best fresh.
I'm glad we had a mini-donut day, and am looking forward to making them with all of the cousins soon. What's not to love about twice the donuts? :)









No comments:
Post a Comment