This year, Collette got to have a Valentine's Day party with her preschool class! She was so excited to sit down and write out all of her cards with her classmates names, and sign her own name to each one. She picked Hello Kitty for the girls (of course), and Monsters U. for the boys.
I thought she was going to miss her actual party, because we left for our trip that day and she didn't attend preschool, but then preschool got canceled because of bad weather (an all too common theme these days, we are SO. OVER. WINTER.), so she ended up having her party when we came back! She was one excited girl.
She picked a red sweater dress with hearts (she actually came over at about 3:00 am one morning a few weeks ago, holding the dress in her hand, and woke me up to explain excitedly that she had found "the perfect dress for my Valentine's Party! It is red with hearts!!" This kid. Who wakes up in the middle of the night and decides to peruse their wardrobe for the next upcoming event?!?), and she requested a heart hair do. I was slightly less ambitious than last year, and decided to do only one heart, instead of the triple hearts we did then. But it was still cute, and she was happy.
The boys ended up getting the short end of the stick for Valentine's Day this year. I didn't buy them any cute Valentine's attire, and we didn't do any special Valentine's activities with them at home. I did get all of the kids a little Valentine's book, and these fun hooded towel poncho to wear at the pool while we were on vacation (they are always getting out of the pool and wanting towels wrapped around them and then can't hold them up and walk):
and they got some yummy treats from Mimi and Bumpa, and some money to spend at the Camp of the Woods gift shop from Grandma and Pap.
Since I couldn't let Valentine's go by without getting any pictures, we did take a few when Collette got back from her preschool party. Trey just happened to be wearing a red shirt with overalls (he picks out his own clothes for the most part now), and didn't want to change, so we called that festive enough. And I found a little red tie shirt for Elliott.which I had actually made for Trey's first birthday. Viola. Red all around. :)
Elliott's first Valentine's Day!
Our Valentine's Cuties!
It wouldn't be a holiday without a little "through the years" photo collage! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment