Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Photo Shoot

For Easter each year, I try to get a few cute pictures of the kids.  When Collette and Trey were babies, I got a picture of them in an Easter basket, and I put up those pictures with my Easter decorations each year.  So of course I needed to do the same thing with Elliott, so I could have a complete set of pictures!

I appliqued Elliott a little Easter Peeps shirt, which didn't take too much time and turned out pretty cute.

And then when the bigger kids were occupied, I attempted a photo shoot.

Well.

Collette and Trey, with their Nov/Dec birthdays, were pretty small at Easter.  Just 3 and 4 months old. And, of course, not very mobile.  I placed them in the basket, got them to smile, and viola. Elliott, on the other hand, is 9 months old.  I have about a million pictures that look like this:

Sucking on the plastic eggs, attempting to stand up or crawl out of the basket, almost falling on his head as he attempts to stand up in the basket.... let's just say it was a brief photo shoot. :)
But I did get a couple of cute ones, and as long as I get one usable one, I'm happy.


Now my set is complete:

Since I knew that getting good pictures on my own may be a challenge, I decided to take advantage of an Easter special that a local photographer and friend-of-a-friend was doing.  She had real animals there, including a bunny, ducklings, and chicks. She got some pretty cute pictures of the kids.

Please excuse the picture overload. They were too cute to not share! :) 












Elliott, who is naturally very smiley, was pretty stoic for the pictures.  (Isn't that always the way it goes? At least one child will be unable/unwilling to smile and/or be cooperative when you actually pay for pictures, wrestle the kids into good clothes, drive to the location, and have a limited time to get decent shots!) But he thought the baby chicks were the funniest thing ever.  He reached right into the basket, pulled one out, and giggled and giggled.  It was so cute.  I wish I had a video. :)  

No comments: