Collette and Trey helped Daddy make a banana creme pie.
And we tried a new tangerine glaze for our ham. It. Was. DIVINE. Maybe the best ham I've ever had. LL did that himself, with some help from Collette, who was very excited to put the cloves in the ham. :)
We had great intentions of making it to the Sunrise service this year, but between cleaning and food prep, both boys being up for a long time in the night, and LL teaching Sunday School the next morning, we decided to do the traditional 10:30am service instead. I think it worked out much better for our mental health. :)
We don't do a lot for Easter baskets, but since Collette and Trey have November/December birthdays, it is fun to get them a little something. This year Collette desperately wanted a Baby Stuffie Kitty. We were in Target one day, and she spied them at the end of an isle. After that, she couldn't stop talking about how she needed that Baby Kitty and how then her big Stuffie Kitty could "be a mommy." The next time we went back to Target, there were no Baby Stuffie Kitties. Collette, unprompted, walked right over to a Target employee, and very politely asked when they would get more Kitties in. Ha! A week later, I was in Target while Collette was in preschool. I dug through the pile of Stuffies, and lo and behold, there was one Kitty at the bottom of the pile. And I found a red dragon for Trey Man. :) They have pouches in their mouths and backs to put little treasures, and their feet are magnetic, so they can stick to things or hang from things. I thought they looked so cute hanging from the kids' baskets.
And they were thrilled to open them. (Trey does have some clothes on. But we didn't let him eat breakfast in his Easter clothes because, well, he's 3. And he's a mess.)
Elliott was snoozing when his siblings opened their baskets, so Collette helped him open his later. Everyone was already at our house, and it was kind of chaos, so I didn't really get a good picture of him opening his treats.
The other fun thing in the big kids' baskets were Legos. Collette specifically has been asking for Legos, but I was worried about having them with Elliott around. We decided that the kids are big enough now to play with them appropriately, so we took the plunge and got them some for Easter!
Collette immediately sat down and put hers together, with no help from anyone. Since we have never had Legos before, I tried to tell her how to read the instructions and put them together, but she very sweetly told me that she knows all about Legos and didn't need any help. And she didn't! I don't have great spacial intelligence, so I was kind of in awe when I watched Collette sit down, glance at the directions, and start putting her Legos together, without even rotating her Legos to match the way they were in the directions. It is so fun to see her do "big kid" things like that!
We all spent a while on Sunday afternoon playing with the Legos. LL may or may not have had more fun than the kids. ;)
The Lego fun continued on Monday. Trey was super excited about his Lego digger. And he even matched his shirt.
We found a Lego Vet Clinic and of course had to buy it. :) It was around 200 pieces, so I thought Collette may want a little bit of help with it, but she didn't. She sat down, put it all together without help,
and soon had a completed clinic. Then when Mimi came, she tore it all apart to show her how to she could build. And then she built it again. I think we have a new favorite toy!
This striped maxi skirt was also in Collette's Easter basket. As soon as she got it, she immediately put it on with new Hello Kitty shirt, took out her piggy tails, and put her hair in that headband. And i swear she aged 5+ years. When did she get so big???
It was a bit of chaos trying to get pictures of this crazy crew, but here they are with their new Stuffies.
And every year we run out of time before church to take a nice family photo, and every year we are reduced to taking a picture with the self-timer. This year we got literally one shot before the family arrived for dinner, and the kids scattered. But I think for one shot with a self-timer, we did pretty well! Everyone looking and mostly smiling.
Easter 2015.
And of course I had to do a look back at our Easter Sundays since we moved back to PA.
Easter 2010-2015.
(And the last 3 years were all self-timer pictures! Ha!)















No comments:
Post a Comment