Sunday, October 18, 2015

Apple and Pumpkin Pickin' at the Fall Festival

Every year, one of our favorite things to do is go to our local orchard for their Fall Festival.  Well, this year  LL was out of the state on a business trip when the festival happened to be, and it was about 30 degrees, but I trekked up to the attic, broke out our winter coats, and took the kids to the festival myself! :)  I was half tempted to skip it, but Collette is big enough now that she could "read" the signs (with big pumpkins and apples on them) and she has a memory like a steel trap.  She  will.not.forget. something she had fun doing the year before, particularly if it relates to a seasonal activity.

We even wore out Halloween outfits, under our winter coats. It's the thought that counts, right? :)


Soooo... off we went! It was cold, but it was a pretty day.  

Ready for the hay ride!




My rule for getting a pumpkin was "you can only pick one that you can carry." Collette picked this beauty, and although it was a big of a struggle, she did manage to carry it back to the wagon, and to the car! :)

The kids helped Elliott pick a "baby pumpkin." 



And then we got apples.  Elliott's favorite part! He kept saying "ap! ap!" Ha!

Apple Munching Crew


Even though it was cold, I'm glad the kids and I decided to go.  It was so much fun!

No comments: