Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trunk or Treat

Every year since Trey has been born, we have tried to come up with a cute "theme" for our Halloween costumes. This year, Collette really wanted to be Elsa (along with the other maybe 3 girls in the United States who weren't Elsa already last year), and with two little brothers, we just weren't going to pull off a Frozen theme.  Trey had zero interest in being a Reindeer, snowman, or Kristoff. :) Plus, we typically have gone to a family Halloween party where LL and I need costumes, too, so Frozen was out.  But I found an Elsa dress on sale, and I got it for Collette since that is what she really wanted. And then while shopping a thrift store with my best friend Nora, I came across an adorable and cheap baby Dragon costume, and realized we could still pull off a more subtle theme this year-- the princess, the knight, and the dragon. I had plans for LL and I to be the King and Queen, but then our friends who typically host a family Halloween party didn't do one this year (they had twins the week before Halloween so they totally get a pass!), so I didn't end up doing costumes for us.

Every year, our church does a great Trunk or Treat event, so we typically do that instead of traditional trick or treating-- which is nearly impossible out in the country.

Queen Elsa



 The Knight

(The Knight also has a shield and a sword, but I didn't think those should accompany us to Trunk or Treat.  You're welcome. Ha!)

 The Dragon


 The princess, the knight, and the dragon.

Ready to go in to Trunk or Treat! Thankfully, Daddy got off work and met us there.  It is chaos with so many people, I was glad to have help!

Other than getting candy, the corn pit is always a big hit.

Collette loved this 60's hippie costume a lady from our church was wearing. She asked to have her picture taken. :)

Right before we left, we ran into Collette' friend Moriah, who is in her Kindergarten class.  She was so excited that she and Moriah "matched"-- Elsa and Anna. 

What a fun night!

No comments: