Monday, April 20, 2009

Chillin' in the MV

Many of you may know that this past fall, Lloyd's car quit unexpectedly (well, sort of unexpectedly, it was vey old) and we had to find another vehicle quickly. We looked and looked and fell in love with a car that was way out of our price range, and couldn't find anything else we were in love with. During this time, Lloyd's parents found a great deal on a used vehicle that was pretty new, had low milage, an extended warranty, and a very nice price tag, so they went ahead and purchased it for us...the only drawback, it's a minivan. Lloyd's parents drove it down for us when they came to visit, and then very generously told us they were giving it to us for our combined graduation present--LL's parents and grandma had split the cost of it so we woudln't have to add car debt to our ginormous student loan debt. We are sooooooooo grateful, and the MV has worked wonders moving, hauling things, and fitting our two huge dogs and their equally huge crate. However, my best friend Nora and her husband Steve couldn't resist teasing us about our new set of wheels. First I got this hysterial photoshop picture from Steve:

(The Reitz's are all about having large families, and are quick to encourage us to have multiple children. And the first year when Lloyd's brother Andy came down to hunt in MS, he brought their van, and when they got a deer, they really did strap it to the top of the minivan. I have pictures on the laptop, but LL has that with him right now).

I laughed and laughed when I got that picture, but Steve and Nora weren't done yet. This past Tuesday when I went to go see them, Nora handed me a giftbag and said she couldn't resist...check it out:

Isn't that hilarious? LOVE the T-shirt! I just had to share that with you. :o)

P.S. I forgot to mention in my earlier post one other house drama--we have a coal furnace, which has been acting up lately, and spewing out a lot of sulfery smoke. It makes the house smell horrible and probably is releasing toxic fumes, so I am back to living at the farm until they can get it fixed. They furnace guy was supposed to come last week, but never showed up. And since our furnace heats our water, we need to use it all year round, not just when it's cold outside. Hopefully while we are MS it will get fixed, and when Lloyd and I return we can move into our house for good.

No comments: