Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates and The Case of the Mini Toilet....

Sorry I have been quiet for so long! Things have been kinda crazy here... we left WI last Friday night, drove through the night (despite my pleas to pull over and get a cheap motel somewhere) and got home to PA about 9:00AM. After a brief nap, we were off to Great Uncle Barney's 90th Birthday party, then home to do laundry and pack, so I could take LL to the airport at 9:00AM the next morning. So, I missed church on Easter Sunday. Bummer. Anyway, we got LL to the airport okay, and he is back in MS, enjoying his last few weeks before GRADUATION!I was even back in time to enjoy a wonderful Easter dinner with the Reitz's. I have been running here and there this week, including running to the doctor...again. Before LL left on Sunday, he told me my eye looked like it was getting infected again. I was quick to deny this, but by Tuesday when I was doing dinner with my best friend Nora I could no longer deny that my eye was indeed infected again. Red and swollen and weepy. Ugh. Some of you may remember that last year I had this crazy eye infection that no one could figure out and I kept going to various doctors and no one knew and the finally diagnosed me with a shingles infection in my eyes. The opthamologist said if it has spead to my corneas they would need to be removed and I would need corneal transplants. No thanks! Anyway, the finally got it cleared up and the Dr. was certain I would never get it again. However, a few months later it came back. Boy was he surprised. And now, for the 3rd time, it has returned. However, this time I have a new Dr., and I just went in and told him what it was, what meds I took, and at what dosage, and he prescribed them to me. Great! However, with our new insurance, we need to meet a deductible before they will cover 80% of our meds, so when I went to get my 17 pills (he had 4 samples at the office) it was $200! For ONE WEEK! NOT happy about that, but since it is still cheaper than corneal transplants, I guess I will take it. :o) I am almost healed now, which is great because I leave for MS tomorow! Hooray for sunshine and warm weather and catching up with my great friends!

In other news, when Lloyd arrived home, he wanted to look at the progress on our house, particularly the bathroom. He was excited to see the progress made, but right away noticed that something was wrong with our toilet. Because this is our downstairs bathroom, we decided to get a "right height" toilet--formerly known as handicap accessible. We purchased it and had it sitting next to the bathroom to be installed. However, that toilet never made it into our bathroom. Another toilet, much smaller and not nearly has new-looking, was installed instead, and our nice sparkling clean new toilet was taken still in the box to our storage shed. Very bizzare. Since we were gone while this swap had occured, we had no idea what had happened. We asked around at the farm, but no one knew, or would not admit to knowing, anything about this mini-toilet. So we just asked the contractor to take it out and put our new one in. He agreed, but when we came back to look at it, the new toilet had gone in the UPSTAIRS bathroom, and the mini-toilet was still downstairs. Call me crazy, but somehow a handicap-accessible toilet doesn't seem as function at the top of a flight of stairs! But, since we needed to replace that one, too, I went back to the store and got another "right height" toilet, and watched while they installed it. :o) FYI, toilets don't come with seats. I was surprised to learn that. Anyway, the new toilet it in, and our bathroom is almost complete. Here is the toilet in all it's tall glory:

And here is our shower door- hooray!

And our washer and dryer are both installed and connected--I did laundry today!

And I didn't take a picture because it doesn't look any different, but our dishwasher is also hooked up now. We are actually almost finished with our 2 big house projects. In the bathroom, we need to find an antique knob for the door (it would look very bizzare if there was only one modern doorknob in my entire house, espeically since there are three other doors in that room), and paint the door, and put up towel racks, etc. I already found very cute towels at Target. In the kitchen, we just need to get rid of all of the water spigets and dryer vent that are now exposed, since the washer and dryer have been moved. And, of course, all of the rooms still need to be painted. Anyway, we are coming along.

I leave tomorrow for Starkville, and will be there for almost two weeks. LL graduates on the 29th, next Wednesday. My parents, my grandpa, and Lloyd's parents are all coming down for graduation, so that will be fun. It will also be fun to see all of our great MS friends again. After Lloyd graduates, we will be taking a much needed (for him) vacation with our friends in Florida for a week. Lloyd hasn't had a break in his school schedule since Christmas of 07; he has been working straight through, including last summer, so it will be nice for his to have some R&R before he joins the working world. I will be sure to post graduation and vacation pictures!

No comments: