Monday, October 12, 2009

Nursery Progress!

Well, the drama of the nursery continues... I was very happy to find walls and a ceiling when I came home from work on Friday! Also, the electrician was here putting in electrical sockets, so that is done (again). The walls and ceiling need another coat of spackling, then we should be ready to put up the window trim, base board, etc. and then prime and paint! Hopefully this will all be happening soon, very soon! We were also able to move the location of the closet slightly, so that it is more functional. It was in an awkward position before, with a lot of wasted space inside the closet, and the placement of the closet didn't allow the bedroom door to swing open the entire way. Not any more! You have to use your imagination somewhat, but here is the progress:


Here is the closet-- this is the "before" picture-- you can see the oddly shaped closet and how the door won't open. (I realize that the "before pictures still look better at this point, just remember that's all old trailer paneling on the walls and cat-pee stained carpet)


Here is the new closet placement:



Lloyd and I also bought light fixtures for her room. We decided on an itty-bitty ceiling fan for her room, because we have no air conditioning, and even though it is cool here now (it was in the 30's this morning!) baby will probably appreciate air flow this summer! We also got her a closet light---very exciting! She will have the only room in the house with a closet light!

In other baby-related news... can you believe only 24 more days? Craziness! Lloyd and I had a fabulous surprise shower from our coworkers yesterday (well, it was a surprise for me, not for LL). Since it was a surprise, I don't have any pictures to post yet, but hopefully I will get some soon. It was so sweet and unexpected! This baby is definitely blessed! Also, LL and I completed our childbirth class on Saturday, and I am still standing! LOL. Most of you know I am very squeamish and learning all about the birthing process is NOT high on my list of priorities-- I kid you not, the words "I.V" make me shudder! However, we survived and hopefully Dr. Reitz absorbed all of the information we will need when the day actually comes. I start my weekly appointments tomorrow, and have an ultrasound tomorrow, too. And Wednesday LL and I go tour the "Family Center" labor and delivery. Whew! I can't believe the end (and the beginning!) is so near! Hopefully I will have pictures of the baby shower, nursery, and sonogram to post soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The words "dilated to 10 centimers" make _me_ shudder! (But, of course, I did let my nursing student coworkers try to get IVs on me...) Jen

Amanda said...

Hey Kristen! I have a gift to mail to Baby Reitz, but I need your address (again). Could you email me at clint_amandailes@hotmail.com

Thanks!

MB Brown said...

wow!! There's been a lot of progress to the nursery!! Can't wait to see the finished product!! I know it will be great!!! Got your note in the mail yesterday...you're welcome!