Monday, October 5, 2009

What a Weekend!

This weekend was action-packed! On Saturday, our friends we met in MS in vet school, who now live in Connecticut, came to visit. It was so fun to see Chris and Debbie again! We hadn't seen them since their wedding in June. We spent the day catching up, and they spent the night with us. On Sunday, we all went to eat lunch with some of my great friends from college, Matt and Danielle and their adorable daughter Kylee, who were visiting family in the area. I was so happy to catch up with them, but we had to cut our visit short because LL's sister Gwen called and her car had broken down and we needed to go help her. Or................... so I thought. Yes, I may truly be the most gullible person ever when it comes to surprises, because strangely enough, Gwen's car had broken down right next to the church banquet hall, and when we got there to "help" here, the parking lot was full of cars, and there was no flat-tire car sitting out anywhere. Yup, it was my baby shower! Needless to say, I was very surprised, and then it finally made sense why Chris and Debbie and Matt and Danielle were all around on the same weekend! In addition, my parents came out from WI, several of my college friends were able to come, and lots of Lloyd's family! It was so much fun and sooooooooooo appreciated! Baby Reitz will be very well provided for! My best friend was laughing at me just last week as I was having a mini-breakdown about how much stuff I need to get and everything I need to do before the baby gets here (blame it on hormones) because she knew that in just a few days Baby would have everything she needed! Here are some pictures from the shower-- do not adjust your computer, I really am that big! Crazy, I know!

The awesome cake my friends Nora and Bethanne made for me, and the 3 of us with the cake:



And me with the two grandmas:

And the full belly shot-- me with my sweet SIL Taryn:

A few other pics from the day:





After the shower, my parents were able to come home with us and spend the night. I have been fighting what I affectionately refer to as "the crud" since last week, and have been constantly coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, losing my voice, etc., so LL called and asked if I could have off work today. My wonderful supervisor agreed (it helps being married to a Doctor!) and so I was able to stay home today and hang out with my parents before they had to leave. It was a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

MB Brown said...

bummer...if I knew you were home I would have called you yesterday!! I hope you are feeling better and know that we are continuing to pray for the baby and all the prep before she comes!!