Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the Lake!

Yesterday morning my MIL called me and said my SIL Gwen had decided to go back to R. B. Winter's State Park for the afternoon, and wanted to know if we wanted to go along. I probably should have stayed home and got caught up on house work and laundry from vacation, since the day before we were shucking and freezing corn until 10:30 at night, but Collette loves the water so I agreed. It was actually a really nice day. My SIL Niki couldn't come, but we picked up her oldest son Oliver, and my SIL Taryn had her sister's 3 kids, too, so we ended up taking 8 kids with us, between the ages of 9 and 9 months. Collette is a total water baby and has absolutely NO fear. She crawled right into the water when I sat her on the shore line and when I held her in the water she would kick those chubby little arms and legs like she had been doing it all of her life! LOL. `



She also loved crawling all over in the sand:



Frankly, it was a lot better than laundry. :o)

No comments: