I have a deep and abiding love for the Beatles. They are by far my favorite band and always the "most-played" on my ipod. I think every surface of my house that has been painted has been painted to Beatles music. I have all of their CDs, multiple books (including the fabulous
Anthology) and even some paraphernalia, including a "Yellow Submarine" lamp and an awesome set of nesting dolls painted like the Beatles that my friend Heather brought back from Russia for me! But I NEVER, EVER thought I would get to see a Beatle in person. It was always just a dream. But last night my awesome husband turned my dream into a reality! Paul McCartney is making just two stops on the east coast, and one of them was in Philly. The concert sold out in
2 minutes. So, luckily they added a second concert! Collette got to have her first-ever sleep over, and spent the night at Gram and Pap's house. We left around 3pm and were able to have an awesome birthday dinner at the
Union Trust Steakhouse (recently featured on the Food Network, of course). It is in the old Union Trust bank that they have refurbished, and it is just a couple blocks away from Independence Hall; we actually drove past it on the cobblestone street leaving the restaurant! The food was phenomenal and of course like a bunch of foodies we had to take pictures of it.
My lobster bisque:

LL's shrimp cocktail:

My Fillet Mignon with exotic mushrooms:

LL's Fillet King Oscar:

We hit major traffic on the Turnpike, so we didn't have time to stay for dessert, but who needs dessert when you are going to see Paul McCartney?!? :o)
The concert was amazing. Paul played for THREE HOURS without a break or even water. He played the acoustic guitar, electric guitar,piano, ukulele, and mandolin. He sang primarily old favorites, including about 22 Beatles songs. I was loving every minute of it! If you want to read more about it, you can check it out
here. And if you are curious,
here is the set list for our concert. AMAZING.
And did I mention we also had AMAZING seats on the FLOOR?!? Here we are; excited at the concert!

And yes, I realize LL looks like he's on drugs. He's not, I assure you. I won't say as much for the guy sitting next to me.
One last piece of Beatles Trivia... yesterday's concert was the 45th anniversary of The Beatles playing Shea Stadium. And it was even a Sunday, just like 45 years ago! Very cool.
And here they are--pictures of the one and only Paul McCartney!









Was that too many pictures? Sorry...I just couldn't stop myself. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment