First, you will need your inspiration design, unless you can come up with something entirely from your imagination. I used this as my inspiration:

Next, you will need fabric. I like these "fat squares" they sell at Wal-Mart. They are only a dollar a piece, and have enough fabric for several appliques.

You will also need fusible webbing, like this:

I always sketch my design to see how it will look:

Then, iron your fabric onto the fusible webbing.


Flip it over, and trace your design on the back (make sure if your fabric has a design, it's going the direction you want when you trace it).

Cut out the designs, with the paper still on. Then peel off the paper, arrange the fabric on the shirt, and iron it on. It's just that easy!

If you want, you can stitch around the design. I think this makes it extra cute, and it also makes it more durable and less likely to fray. I stitch by hand because I don't have a sewing machine, but a sewing machine would be much quicker.

You can also add cute buttons for features, like eyes on my turkey or a cherry on a cupcake.

Ta-da!


What a cute little turkey. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment