Monday, November 15, 2010

Collette at 12 Months

I have had so many things to post about Collette's birthday that I didn't get a chance to post her "traditional" monthly post. So here goes!

Collette is one whole year old! I know, I know... but SERIOUSLY, where DID the time go? In a way it has been so fast, and in another way when I look at newborns I feel like I can barely even remember Collette at that stage.

So what is Collette up to at 12 months?

~Biggest news first: she is starting to walk! I already posted the video of some of her fist steps. She took her very first step on her birthday, which was so special. Even though she has pretty good balance and can take steps, crawling is a lot faster and she still has to be in the mood to try to walk. Usually she will balance herself against the couch, stick her arms straight out in front of her, and then take a few steps.

~She still has 4 teeth--two on the top, and two on the bottom. She seems like she may be teething again, so maybe she will have another one soon.


~She just had her one year check-up and is still a healthy, BIG girl! She is 30.5 inches and 24 lbs, 5 oz. That puts her in the 90th percentile for height and for weight! My dad says the WNBA is always looking for good players! LOL
At the Doctor's office with Daddy:


~She is wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 3-4 shoes.


~She loves to eat big people food and is completely done with baby food (although I will keep a jar of stage 3 food in her diaper bag for extreme hunger emergencies!) She usually eats cereal (Cheerios or Kix) and banana for breakfast, and she also loves cooked breakfast foods like pancakes, french toast, and scrambled eggs. For lunch and dinner she will often eat some of what we are eating. Her favorite foods are bananas, pears, peaches, and cheese. She will get so excited and kick her feet and wave her arms when she sees me getting those for her.


~She is drinking whole milk out of a sippy cup and is all done with bottles and formula!

~She also likes coffee....no, I am not kidding. Daddy started the bad habit of letting her take a sip out of his coffee mug when it's cool enough. And she loves it! And yes, I have evidence:


~She is saying a lot more words. She says "mama", "dada", "hi", "bye", "dog", "nana" (banana), "ni ni" ('night 'night), "pap", "baby", and "dow" (down). She also says "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" when she wants to eat or drink something. That one TOTALLY cracks me up. She's like a little begging puppy. The other day I was sitting on the couch eating a bagel and she came right up to me and looked at me with those big eyes and said, "MMMMMMMMMM" looking at my bagel. SO cute.

~She is still often taking 2 naps (morning and afternoon) a day, but I think she is moving towards just one nap. She sleeps from about 8pm-8am.

~She LOVES her big cousins and really enjoys playing with them. Especially Isaac. She totally has hero-worship for him and is trying to say his name.


~When she is playing, her new favorite thing is putting things in things--like blocks in a bucket, etc. She still loves books, too.


~She is "talking" all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. She just chatters and chatters while she is playing, eating, etc.

~She is such a happy girl. She grins and waves at everyone, but usually won't say "hi" unless she's trying to get some one's attention. When we are out in public and she sees people who aren't paying attention to her, then she will say "hi" and wave and try to get them to come talk to her (and do doubt comment on her cuteness. HA!).


Here is her official 12 month picture:

No comments: