Thursday, June 14, 2012

6 Month Check Up (And the Splash Pool)

Well it's summer time and around the farm that means we've been extra busy! We've been busy shelling peas, making strawberry jam, and picking lettuce, and freezing broccoli and cauliflower. YUM! So I've been a little behind on blogging, but I don't want to forget a few things that have happened this week!

First, Trey had his 6 month check up.  He is such a happy baby. This paper on the exam table kept him entertained for the entire visit!

Trey is now 17 lbs and 27 inches long, and his head circumference is 17 inches.  Overall, that puts him in the 50th percentile.  The breakdown is weight-- about 50%, height-- about 75%, and head-- 25%.  Ha! (Collette was always the same way.  Her head was always her smallest measurement, percentage-wise.  She and Trey are pretty similar, size-wise, at 6 months.) He also got 3 shots, but he recovered pretty well from them.  Collette was jealous of his Toy Story Band-Aids. :)

Trey also got to play in his splash pool for the first time this week! We got this cute pool from One Step Ahead  when Collette was a baby, and I was excited to use it again!

Collette tested it out for us.  She liked all of the sprinklers. :)

Trey is still a very new sitter, and can't really sit unattended yet, but he had a great time splashing in the water. Of course, I didn't get any pictures of that, because I was too busy making sure he didn't face-plant in the water, but I did get a couple of cute ones with Big Sister Collette watching out for him. :)




I think that by next month, when the weather is warmer and Trey is a better sitter, we will be spending a lot of time in this splash pool!

No comments: